Currently, the library is not offering computer classes.
For information on upcoming programs, visit the library's calendar of events.
For a list of past classes and a link to select handouts or presentations, see the below.
- Blogging 101 - Learn the basics of blogging, the benefits it can offer, and the most popular sites to host your blog.
- Digital Storage Basics - Curious about the cloud? Wonder what is the best way to store your computer files and digital photos? Learn about the types of storage and best practices for creating backups and saving your documents.
- Digitization & Preservation - Through digitization and preservation efforts, you can help ensure the longevity of important family and personal documents. This class will cover the basics and best practices of digitization and introduce the concepts of preservation.
- Facebook for Organizations - Running a Facebook page for a business or organization is different than having your own personal page. This class will cover some of the additional features offered to businesses using Facebook, as well as share some best practices of social media marketing.
- Genealogy Basics - Learn what resources the library has to offer to help you get started tracing your family history.
- Google Like a Librarian - Learn how to make searching the Internet easier! This class will cover some ways to make your Internet searches more effective. It’ll also show you resources to help you navigate the world wide web and ensure you’re finding the newest, most accurate information.
- Libby: A Guide to Borrowing Ebooks - Go through the steps of signing up and borrowing e-materials through the Libby, by Overdrive app.
- Privacy & the Internet - Is anything really private on the internet? How secure is the information you share digitally? This class will attempt to answer those questions while demonstrating some precautions internet users can take to help keep their information as secure as possible.
If there is a class you would like to see offered, please contact the Reference Department at (608) 845-7980 ext. 2 or email vpl [at] veronapubliclibrary.org