The Verona Public Library is currently closed to the public. During this time, library staff is working to provide as many services to our community as possible.
Contact Us: Due to the volume of calls for Curbside Pick Up, we request that questions not related to this service be sent via email to email@example.com. Patrons can still you call the library at (608) 845-7180 between 9:00 am and 6:00 pm Monday through Friday. If a staff member does not pick up, please leave a detailed message. A library staff member will be checking phone messages and responding as soon as possible.
Curbside Pick Up: Starting on Monday, April 27, the library will be offering curbside pick up by appointment. To learn more about this service and how to schedule an appointment please visit our Curbside Pick Up page.
Due Dates: Due dates for all materials checked out in the South Central Library System have been extended until July 1, 2020. The Verona Public Library is fine free, and no fines for any South Central Library system materials will accrue while libraries are closed.
Returns: We are asking that patrons hold on to the items they currently have checked out as long as they can. The outside book return will be open from Monday mornings at 9:00 am until Friday evenings at 6:00 pm. Materials returned during the closure may not be checked in until after the library reopens. More information on returning items during the library's closure, including safety precautions library staff are undertaking, is availabe on the Curbside Pick Up page.
Materials On Hold: All materials currently waiting for pick up are eligible for curbside pick up and will remain on hold until the libraries reopen if not picked up. Holds placed during the closure may be filled for curbside pick up provided the item(s) is(are) in the Verona Public Library. Materials from other libraries will not be transferred from one library to another.
Library Programs: Librarians are working to create online content and host programs over the internet for our patrons. See our online calendar, follow us on Facebook and Twitter, or sign up for our e-newsletter to stay up to date on what we're offering.
Free Online Resources: The library offers a variety of online databases for our patrons and library users across the South Central Library System.
- Libby & OverDrive - Borrow electronic books and audiobooks from Wisconsin's Digital Library with the Libby or OverDrive apps. Libby is available for Androi and iOS devices, excluding Kindles. The OverDrive app is available for all major smart devices. Find the apps in your device's app store. Instructions for getting started are available from OverDrive and Libby.
- Transparent Languages - This language-learning system offers over 100 languages to choose from. Sign up through the Transparent Languages' website, then download the app to learn a new language anywhere.
- rbDigital - Perviously known as Zinio, rbDigital has over 3,000 digital magazines to choose from.
- Ancestry Library Edition - Connect to your past using genealogy information, including census data, passenger lists, and more. Remote access to Ancestry Libary Edition will be available until the end of April and will be re-evaluated monthly as needed.
- BadgerLink - From personal interest to educational research, BadgerLink provides Wisconsin residents with licensed trustworthy content not available from free search engines.
- Additional eResources - Find a list of additional databases to try on our eResources page.
What If I Don't Have a Library Card?: Residents of the South Central Library System service area who do not have a library card can apply for a web-use only card online. The application has further details. Residents can also call the library to apply for a card over the phone during Curbside Pick Up hours.
What is Zoom!?: Zoom is a FREE video conferencing product that works on most devices that have a microphone and front facing camera—laptops, desktops, smartphones, tablets. The library will be using Zoom’s video capabilities so you can see the presenter in real time, from the comfort of your own home, while the library is closed. Visit www.zoom.us to get started. Using Zoom is free but requires participants to create an account. The sign up process asked for a work email address, but you can use any email address you have. Download Zoom on your computer or install the zoom app on your device. We recommend setting up Zoom in advance of the start of the program.
About Facebook Live!: The best way to ensure you are notified when the library goes live on Facebook is to follow us on Facebook. Our livestreams should appear on your News Feed, and then all you have to do watch and enjoy. You can watch us live on your smart device through the Facebook app or from a browser on a lap or desktop. If you do not have a Facebook account, don’t worry. Visit facebook.com/watch and search for Verona Public Library to find us. If you do have an account, you can like, comment, and share while the library is live.