Curbside pick-up of library materials is available by calling the library 608-845-7180 or by scheduling your curbside pick-up appointment online.
Monday - Friday, 9:30 am - 6:00 pm
Saturday, 9:30 - 3:00 pm
To Arrange Curbside Pick Up:
Step 1: Place Items on Hold
- Visit LINKcat.info to place items on hold or call (608) 845-7180 to request holds over the phone.
- Not sure what you want to read? Fill out the Librarian’s Choice Request Form and we'll pick a selection of books or other library materials for you.
- You will be notified via email, text, or phone call when your hold is ready.
Step 2: Arrange an Appointment
- After being notified that your item is ready, you can schedule an appointment online or call (608) 845-7180 to arrange a time for pick-up.
- If you are notified that more items are ready after scheduling your appointment but prior to picking up your materials, you do not need to schedule a new appointment. Staff checks in materials and reviews appointments see if more items have arrived for scheduled pick ups throughout the day. They will do their best to ensure all materials are pulled and put out at the requested pick up time.
- Online scheduling is only available if you have items waiting on hold. You will need your library card number and PIN (same PIN you use to log into LINKcat).
- Please call to make an appointment to pick up craft bags or other special materials.
- Patrons looking to request additional materials in addition to holds are encouraged to call the library to arrange pickup.
- If you would like to pick up holds for other members of your household, please include their full name(s) and library card number(s) in the notes field of the online pick up form.
- Please do not schedule concurrent pick ups for multiple members of the same household.
Step 3: Pick Up Your Items
- Staff will leave the requested items on a table near the curb in front of the library.
- Staff checks in materials and reviews appointments see if more items have arrived for scheduled pick ups throughout the day. They will do their best to ensure all materials are pulled and put out at the requested pick up time.
- Items will be labeled with your last name.
- Pick up your items from the table. If it is raining, staff will place books in the trunk or unoccupied back seat of vehicles.
- Curbside service will be suspended and appointments rescheduled during dangerous or inclement weather.
Materials can be returned in the drive-up book return at any time. For oversized materials or items that should not be returned in the bookdrop, please call the library to arrange a time to leave items at the curbside table.
Returned materials will be checked in after at least a 24 hour quarantine. The Verona Public Library is a fine free library. No fines will be accrued for materials during this time. All items will be back dated to reflect the date they were returned. Please allow up to a week for items to be checked in a removed from your account.
What the library is doing to keep patrons and staff safe:
The library is following CDC and Dane County Public Health recommendations for COVID-19 safety, including:
- Quarantining returned items for 24 hours before check-in.
- Wearing masks and sanitizing hands while handling library materials.
- Sanitizing library surfaces and equipment frequently.
- Maintaining appropriate social distances between staff members and the public.
You can also visit the South Central Library System's Libraries Bounce Back page to see a list of other area LINKcat libraries offering curbside pick-up.