The library will continue offering no contact curbside pick up for library materials on an appointment basis Monday through Friday from 10:00 am until 12:00 pm and 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm and on Saturdays from 9:30 - 11:30 am for patrons who wish to use that service.
To Arrange Curbside Pick Up:
- Call the library at (608) 845-7180 during our Express Library Service hours.
- Let us know you would like to pick up your holds and if there are any other books, movies, or other materials you'd like us to set aside for you depending on availability.
- Materials from other libraries have resumed being transferred from one library to another although this process may take several days. To learn how to see what is available on the shelf at our library, watch this brief tutorial on our Facebook page.
- If you would like help picking materials for you or your family, fill out the Librarian's Choice Request Form. A librarian will find items in our collection that match your request and work with you to set a pick up time.
- Staff will ask for your library card number, name, and the make, model, and color of your vehicle.
- Staff will work with you to set a pick up time slot. If materials are not picked at the appointed time, patrons will need to reschedule their pick up.
- Staff will pull the requested items and leave them on a table outside the library's front doors at the arranged time. Patrons are expected to exit their vehicle and take the items from the table.
- If it is raining, staff will place books in the trunk or unoccupied back seat of vehicles.
- If there is lightning, curbside service will be suspended and appointments rescheduled.
Patrons can still place holds online themselves using LINKcat. If you place holds online, please wait until you are notified that your holds are available to call.
If you have items on hold and waiting at the library but cannot come to the library for curbside pick up, those items will still be available for pick up after the library reopens.
Materials can be returned through the outdoor book drop at any time or returned in the building during open hours.
Returned materials will not be checked in until after a 72 hour quarantine minimum. Items owned by other libraries and returned to the Verona Public Library may not be checked in until the library reopens. The Verona Public Library is a fine free library. No fines will be accrued for materials during this time.
The library is NOT accepting donations at this time.
What the library is doing to keep patrons and staff safe:
The library is following CDC and Dane County Public Health recommendations for COVID-19 safety, including:
- Quarantining returned items for 72 hours before check-in and/or re-circulation.
- Wearing gloves and masks while handling all materials.
- Sanitizing library surfaces and equipment frequently.
- Maintaining appropriate social distances between staff members.
- Limiting the number of staff in the building at any given time to make social distancing easier.
Curious what other libraries are offering Curbside or Other Service?
Visit the South Central Library System's Libraries Bounce Back page to see a list of what LINKcat libraries in the system are offering curbside pick up.