Word on the Street Virtual 5k Run/Walk
Saturday, May 2, 2020
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and our desire to keep our community safe and healthy, the Word On the Street 5K Run/Walk is going virtual this year!
We hope you are able to participate in our virtual run and we can't wait to see you in person at the start line in 2021.
How does a virtual event work?
- Run or walk a 5K (Kids 1/3 mile) any time on May 2.
- Choose your route: take to the treadmill, run in your neighborhood, or follow the suggested course map -- feel free to run a loop beginning at any point and proceeding in either direction.
- Share photos on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter using our special hashtag #veronawots2020. Join the 5k Facebook group to connect with other participants.
- No water stop, refreshments, or traffic control will be provided.
- T-shirts and race packets can be picked up at the library at a future date TBD.
- Awards will be given for most creative social media posts.
Thank you to our 2020 sponsors!
Platinum Level Sponsors
Gold Level Sponsors
Silver Level Sponsors
Bronze Level Sponsors
Copper Level Sponsors
Registered participants may elect to stay in the virtual event, defer their registration until 2021, make their registration fee a charitable donation, or request a refund. If you already registered, please visit our Run Sign Up page to defer or request a refund.